THE ARIS ARCHER GUIDE TO POSING
We've put together a quick guide to shooting photos of people in our products...
What we're looking for is photos of people who look like they know they're showing off our products in lifestyle-style shots, with very little in the background.
They should look like they are actually posing for the camera. Not like they're standing in line at the DMV.
- Gorgeous and/or a little Sexy
- But most important: ACTUALLY POSING
Basically, they should be looking like they are happy to be wearing the boots and they know their photograph is being taken.
Please don't "crop in the camera" if possible. Make the subject dominate the photo but not be right up to the edges. Most social media/websites, etc. need square format photos. So if your photos are rectangular and have no extra space around the subject... Zoiks.
Note: we do not own ANY of the photos linked below. They are not for public view and are not linked to the rest of our site. They are only to be viewed by the few people who are taking photos for our site.
- Click here for Great Poses for Men
- Click here for Great Poses for Women
- Click here for Great Poses for Couples
- Click here for Great Poses for Santas
- Click here for NOT Great Poses - because you can't see their feet!
- Click here for NOT Great Poses - because the background is just wrong :(
Thanks for taking photos of our boots! We are a tiny business that has, for 20 years, specialized in providing our customers with niche footwear at a fair price.
Our mission statement has always been this:
"Provide cool looking, good quality, durable footwear at a good price in the widest range of sizes possible."
You are helping us do that!
IF YOU WANT TO SEE A GUIDE TO EVERYTHING I'VE LEARNED IN 20 YEARS OF GETTING NON-PROFESSIONALS TO POSE...
- Click here for How Not To Pose
- Click here for How To Get Them To Pose
- Click here for Twisty Bodies and 3/4 Face
- Click here for Seated Poses and Props
- Click here for Obvious Stuff